Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The King is gone...and my heart is shattered.


Rest in Peace, King of Pop.




Your death has left me in shock and devastation. Emily and I had made a pact to go into debt [if need be] to see you live in concert; that no matter what, we would see you, and cry tears of utmost happiness.

And Thursday, that dream of ours was broken into a million pieces. Not only were we left in heart-break, but also the entire world. You know you had a huge impact on us, but did you really know what it would be like as soon as you were gone?

You were nothing short of pure amazingness. I grew up listening to you and watching Moonwalker on repeat; so much, in fact, my parents had to buy a new tape, since the original was shot to pieces.



You were the theme for my birthday party, even when people doubted it, it ended up being amazing.

I was always on your side. I never doubted your innocence. You were the Peter Pan of the music industry, never quite growing up. And though some things you did were strange, I never blamed you or was ashamed to be a huge fan. If given the chance, I would be one of those crazy, crying girls, willing to give up everything to get a closer spot at one of your amazing concerts. My signs would be bigger and better than anyone else's, and "I Love MJ" would be plastered on it.

A bit of my childhood died along with you on Thursday. I'll never forget that day, or the amount of text support I received within a one hour timespan.

Any doubts I had about getting an MJ have simply been washed away; it's definitely official. I'm almost 90% certain of what I want, and I'm pretty sure I know where I want it too. And I don't care what others think. This is something that means the world to me.



Yesterday was the first day I didn't cry. Friday was exceptionally rough for me.

I'm hoping Emily and I will be able to see Neverland Ranch, and a piece of me died with you, not just my childhood. I've changed, and been altered.

I will always be a devoted fan, and always love and miss you.
You truely changed mine and everyone's lives, and you will never, ever be forgotten.
Rest in Peace, you amazing entertainer.



No comments: