Friday, August 15, 2008

Chico<3

Ahh, a much-needed vacation.

Drove up Sunday, spent about three days at my aunt and uncle's house, and then stayed at Samantha's new apartment.
Many highlights, including:

Swimming every day.
American Graffiti.
"Do you have my keys?"
Lovely neighbors.
Bruises with unknown origins.
Bikes, bikes, bikes.
Bottled milk.
Hot weather.
Tour of FOX Station.
Beer Pong and Shookah every night.
Snowboard videos.
Woodstock Pizza.
Chico "tour."
New bathing suit.
SO MUCH HOOKAH, ALCOHOL, AND WEED.
$140 pair of jeans.
Train.
Apartments galore.
Bear Hole.
Tres Hombres.
Aunt, Uncle, and Cousin.
Old friends, new friends.
&&
Bar-hopping. Including my own "fake" ID that doesn't even look like me :)

Hella sick. I absolutely love it there. Total college town, and big but not too big, and small, but not too small. Perfect place for me. Everyone is super nice and every friend leaves nearby. I'm excited because I finally have a place I'm interested in transferring to. I'm going to work hard this semester, and hopefully by spring I could transfer to Butte, and then to Chico. If not, then wait till I can transfer to Chico State. The timing would be perfect, because my store will be closed by then, and I have a Starbucks downtown that I would love to transfer to, and they have amazing hours. I'm so excited. I just wish I could have stayed longer. And I'm hoping that third room will be open spring semester...we'll see. It was sooo good to see everyone I knew, and it is so pretty there. The campus is lovely and the music program is good. It was nice to visit a place where people really wanted me to stay; my whole family is approving. There was always something to do, every night. And that's how Chico always is. I'm planning many more trips there this semester, so I can know the area better. Even when I couldn't completely escape all my troubles from home [which was shitty], I at least had a decent break from them. And that is what I needed. And maybe still need. I can see how people get really set on leaving here. I am now in that boat.

Ask me about my trip. Please. I want to talk about it, and I want you to be happy for me that I had a good vacation.
That's directed to everyone :)


School starts on Monday, and I have my schedule all worked out. Taking thirteen units AND working full-time. The lack of sleep will suck, but I'm happy it's working out this way.

Monday//Wednesday
Theatre Arts 9am-1130am
Advanced [Foil] Fencing/Beginning Sabre 2pm-3pm

Tuesday
Beginning Tap 8pm-10pm

Thursday
Orchestra 7pm-10pm

Friday
Human Sexuality 9am-noon

And an online World Art History class.
Sha-wing!

Can't wait to go back-to-school shopping. I also have a mighty fine new back-pack which I'm stoked off of. I haven't gotten a new back-pack since Freshman year. I should go to bed soon, opening tomorrow. Yuck!

No comments: