Thursday, December 4, 2008

Cold foggy nights
that make me appreciate signs and street lamps and car lights.
Fog reminds me of London
of love that couldn't be hidden by all of its inhabitants' umbrellas.
You came crashing in
and I knew I wasn't ready to see you.
A cloudy ride home
where I cried silent tears
knowing of whom I was thinking
and wondering if they thought the same.
And there you were, sleeping
and it took all my might and strength not to touch you
To offer my little body as a better heat source than that
blanket.
I grabbed fruit snacks, remembering how from you
I'd always
steal.
The fog and the mist
hides
hides emotions. faces. obstacles. barriers.
Fog reminds me of home
I see it and remember water and ships
and Christmas lights during gray winters.
You sat near me and my heart stopped
and I felt all the blood in my veins
disappear
And nothing else was there
an empty shell
of a person
Sitting, only focusing on the faint thought,
"Oh I should breathe."
Classical French songs being played to
show what love sounds like
exactly what my heart needed
not hear.
Laughs and snores and sighs and
my constant
shifting.
In and out of uneasiness.
I popped out my window screen,
and sat on the roof near my room.
Let the fog and cold consume me.
Even a good car heater did me no well
as I was
well, the closest to describe it was
numb.
Looking over street lamps and apartment buildings
and lights with halos of fog surrounding
I get lost
and feel better. and emptier.
I know I never meant for it to be so long.
Something so short and sweet that got to the point
and made my heart sigh.











I love the fog because it reminds me of you.

No comments: