This Christmas was definitely a good one, and one I'll always remember.
It was good, like last years, but for different reasons.
Christmas Eve Jon and I closed, and I was going to just go to bed after he dropped me off, but he thought that was a lousy way to spend Christmas Eve, so I changed and went to his apartment to have dinner with his family. Gilbert was there playing Halo and the food was ready so we put in the Fast and the Furious and ate. I remember that movie being much better than it actually was.
After that we put in Race, which is an awesome Bollywood movie, that was both amazing and rediculous. I would love to be a backup dancer for one of those movies.
I got back home at about 2, and my OCD kicked in and I cleaned the bathroom until a little after 3 am.
The next morning, Dad picked me up and we took a much-needed Starbucks trip. Then we went to his and Diane's house to open presents. Stoked off the gifts I got. After breakfast and watching my favorite scenes from A Christmas Story, the four of us went to Diane's sister's (Doris) house. Doris and Paul's house is in the hilly part of Oakmont, and I don't think I have ever seen a more spectacular view. Their house was amazing, and by all the decorations, you would never think this was the Jewish side of my family. Dinner was incredible, and afterwards we went home and Lilli picked me up.
We went to the movies to see the Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and it was great. I'm so glad it was just the two of us though. I cried multiple times during that movie; it really hit close to home. After another sobfest, Lilli drove me to Sebastopol at two in the morning to visit my mom. Words cannot describe how grateful I was for that, and for Lilli. I wanted to cry more, to let everything I've tought myself to cover up out, but the long, scenic, nighttime drive was just too good.
It was definitely an emotional Christmas, but I think it was very good one.
No comments:
Post a Comment