Monday, December 10, 2007

Not so silent, huh?

Friday was Not So Silent Night.

Joe and I got to see:
Maldroid [opening local band from Oakland, not too shabby]
Paramore
Spoon
Angels & Airwaves
Jimmy Eat World
&&
Modest Mouse.

Paramore fans were crazy, but Hayley put on a good show. She is such a cutie, and good for her, being little with that big voice. Spoon was great, and drinking, and only Joe knew every lyric; while many people in the pit around us didn't even know who Spoon were. Got out of the pit before Angels & Airwaves because it was a bit too much, and there wasn't even music playing yet. They weren't too bad, but "Everything's Magic" sounds way better recorded. We tried to find seats and were bitched at by guards, so we just sat around that special corner Joe always goes to where the bands use the stairway. We saw Spoon, and met the bass player later on. The whole time Jimmy Eat World was playing we weren't watching them, and I just wanted them to end cuz I was getting really tired and just wanted to see MM. Finally Modest Mouse played and were amazing. Joe lifted me onto his back a few times so I could get a really good view for pictures, and they are one of the best bands I have seen to date. I was so happy just being there with him and seeing them. And running into Gabby also! Then we went back to that stairway and waited around for a minute, and met Tom Peloso of Modest Mouse! He plays bass, trumpet, and a few other intruments. We got to basically tell him how amazing he and the rest of Modest Mouse are and got pictures. :D

No comments: