What an adventure the past three months have been.
It's crazy to think it's already over.
The shows were amazing; costumes and set beautiful, and the experience is unforgettable.
Only a few mishaps happened, like Preview when my wires were crossed so I couldn't fly out during the Abduction Scene, and I had to run on stage when the scene was nearly over to take Toto away, and surprised everyone on stage, but it ended up being hilarious. And that one show when part of the Haunted Forest set tangled up in my wire and flew off-stage with me.
I played Mayor for Preview and was mic-ed, which was fun.
Even with the certain bad acting and creepiness and tone-deaf-ness from a few individuals, I still love the cast.
Tech wasn't as awful as I thought it'd be.
I love my Fly Crew, and the fact that I got to do the same Smooth Criminal lean that a certain favorite performer did.
Both Saturday parties after our Double Whammy's were crazy fun.
It's weird that I won't be seeing those people every day now.
I'm trying to remember what I did exactly before my life was consumed with Wizard of Oz and Yellow Brick Road and doing aerial acrobatics with a tail and wings and off-stage singing half naked.
A few of the many things I've learned:
Those crazy quick-changes were hilarious.
Doing cartwheels in petticoats and a sombrero are possible.
Margerita in a jar is a good idea.
The base is AMAZING.
I rock at performing unmic-ed and playing air fiddle.
Wig caps and stockings do NOT last 10 shows.
Tails will always hit you in the face.
Two wires are better than one.
Harnesses do make your butt look big.
Little kids love Flying Monkeys.
How to rape, pillage, kill, and burn things. And eat babies.
And I'm also happy to say I am dating a certain Cowardly Lion. :)
Now it's time to get ready for Grease auditions. I'd like to get Frenchie, but really I'll be happy with anything.
I hope I can get the cd of all the photos the photographer took during tech. I still can't believe it's over.
I'm happy my family and Dani got to see it.
I see why people are theatre majors now. It's absolutely amazing.
I'm thinking of now focusing more on musical theatre as opposed to plain music.
These past three months are some that I will never forget.
"We're gonna act, sing, dance, and fly;
We're gonna act, sing, dance, and fly,
and do FLIPPIES!"
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment