Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What a wonderful Birthday.

Happy Birthday Mom.
You'd be 48 today.


Today was such a wonderful day.
I think you would have loved it.


I slept in until Parker and Dad got home from school and work, because I didn't get off work until three this morning [yuck]. Then I drove the Trooper [which was an adventure, with lots of stalling!] to Sebastopol, where we went to the Spirit of Christmas tree farm where we went every year while Mom was alive to cut down a tree. First tree in six years. And it's RED! It isn't dead or dying, just some cool kindof tree that isn't the typical "Christmas kind." It looks beautiful, and really cool.

Then we visited Mom, and when we got home set the tree up and put up the lights. It's kind of a misfit tree, but it fits us and we love it.

I set up the VCR because Dad found Wizard of Oz in the garage, so I played it while we were decorating. That was the 50th Anniversary edition, and that was TWENTY years ago! I definitely have to buy it on DVD. I appreciate that movie so much more now because of the play. I can quote the entire movie now, haha. And that's not because of watching the movie on repeat. It's cool to see the similarities and differences, but I can't help but be bias and love our stage production better. :)

No comments: