Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ever feel...

...like you met somebody important, someone who would be a great person to have connections with? This does sound a bit strange, but that's how I feel.

Something neat happened today. I was working at Starbucks and this guy with a big nose came in with his daughter. They ordered five drinks and couldn't remember if one was a non-fat mocha or a non-fat latte, so the guy went back to his car to ask his wife. I noticed his daughter was wearing a jacket that said Pixar animation studios. I asked her about it and she said her dad works there. So when he came back I asked him about it and we chatted for a few minutes. I found out he got into Pixar right before the making of Toy Story, so he's basically been there through all the big current movies. He wrote the screenplay for Finding Nemo and has pretty much done different jobs etc, for each movie, and was also the voices of Roz from Monster's, Inc ["Hello Wazowski, did you turn in your paperwork yet?"] and Mr. Ray from Finding Nemo. He was a really neat guy and like that I showed an interest in his career. I told him about Joe doing animation and what not and he thought that was really cool. Then he had to leave and said it was nice to meet me and wished me the best and I wished him the best in his upcoming movie that comes out next year, I think it's called Up.

As soon as he left I thought of about a million and one things to ask him. Like what symphonies are used in Pixar films; stuff like that. Even if it's Pixar, knowing someone in the movie business, or muliple, since I know Michael Evje, would only help me with what I want for my career. Me being the creep I am, looked up this big-nosed man, and found out he's Bob Peterson, and read all the films he has participated in. I can only assume that Pixar studios are in LA, and I'll probably not meet him again, so I'm kindof bummed thinking of the information I could have known if I talked to him a little longer. Oh well.

It's silly, but it was really awesome meeting him.

2 comments:

JOEmeow said...

Pixar is in Emeryville, no LA

CLEM said...

That rules. You met Bob Peterson? That's so cool. But yeah, Pixar is based out of Emeryville, and some studios in the south bay, since they were owned by Apple, but now by Disney.