Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Car Accident.

I was rearended today. I was on my way to English and came up to the yellow crosswalk on Mendo, between the JC and my Starbucks. The lights went on and I saw a pedestrian and I braked, a little harder to than I would have liked, but I definitely didn't slam my foot on them. Then I heard the loudest most terrifying screech and was hit, really hard. I don't think I've ever experienced more shock in my life. The yellow jeep I had noticed in my rearview mirror had hit me. I think everyone else around us was pretty shocked too, but at least the pedestrian lady wasn't involved in any way. So we pulled over into the smog station parking lot and I was completely stunned. I got out and talked to the guy and because his jeep had this weird 4-wheeling rubber bumper thing in front of the bumper, it only wiped the dirt off my car. This grooved step thing I have on top of my bumper popped off, but I just popped it back into place. We exchanged the usual accident information, while he proceeded to tell me it was basically my fault he hit me, because I had stopped for a pedestrian. And then I shakily told him my friend had gotten hit in that same crosswalk, with the lights on. Douche. And then we talked about his car for a minute and I said I had always wanted a yellow jeep, and he said he was selling it at the end of the year, so he'd keep my information. Hah. Sadly it's an automatic [jeeps should not be automatics] and a '06, so it's probably the bigger Wranglers. Guh. But it was still pretty.

After he left I called Erin to tell her what happened and that I'd be a little late. She had printed out my essay because I MySpaced it to her since my printer wasn't working, and so she gave it to a kid in our class, since Ms. Butler was running late, and came to the parking lot where I still was. We got coffee and she made me feel a whole lot better since I had had a break-down. Weird that that happens to me after an accident; nothing was broken and no one was hurt. I was really lucky.

I had dinner with Erin at her house, watched some tv, and came home. I started to hurt on the way to Erin's, and by the time I got home, my back, neck, and left shoulder were in so much pain. Dad gave me some vicodin, which is now finally starting to help, a little. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. And tomorrow is also my fencing class which I'm sure I won't be able to do anything. ! Ugh! I want to sleep and I'm tired, but I'm having a hard time falling asleep because of the pain. I just hope I can move around tomorrow.

No comments: