I actually got callbacks!!
I was at the JC from 1140am to after 7pm. What a great experience it was. If anything, I can say that I made it to callbacks.
We danced first. The girls learned their part in room 214 while the guys were on stage. Then half of us swapped, and I was in the group of girls that went on stage. I danced with Spencer because I felt more comfortable dancing with someone I knew. Then everyone came together and we separated into 6 groups and danced twice for the auditions.
For singing I was with 5 other girls and we sang part of Hopelessly Devoted and Freddy My Love [which I had never heard before]. It was nice working with Jody and watching her get excited with us.
Later on the same group of girls and I went in with Laura and Lori [Director and Stage Manager] and read lines from the slumber party scene. I read first as Frenchy [yay!] and then as Marty. Both fun. Laura told me she was considering me for singing/ensemble, but it wasn't anything official yet, and that if I wanted to come back at 5 with the later callback to read lines I could. So I did, even though none of us ended up reading lines, it was just us singing. At the very end all of us got on stage and sang "You're the One that I Want." A crowd like that makes it much more fun. I hope I get cast on Wednesday. I really hope I get Frenchy though. If I do, I'll put my heart and soul into that character. This will be a long two days.
It's way easier to get over something if it isn't there.
But what happens if it doesn't go away?
No comments:
Post a Comment